Zhuang Gu Gu Ben Pian
Zhuang Gu Gu Ben Pian
|Brand||Guang Ci Tang Tablets & Teapills|
|Unit Size||200 tablets, 200mg each|
|Dosage||Take 6 tablets each time, 2 to 3 times daily. One bottle lasts users about 11 to 16 days. As the herbal formula is a mild tonic, results may only be noticeable after 1 month. It is suggested to take 4 to 6 bottles in full dose as the first regimen. The dose may then be reduced.|
BoneVigor (formerly Zhuang Gu Xiao Ci Pian), is a Chinese herbal supplement formulated to support a healthy bone function.
As we age, bone mass density (BMD) slowly declines and the bone microstructure degenerates. Bone loss itself does not necessarily show any specific symptom but it renders the body at a much bigger risk of bone fractures (e.g., hip, wrist, spine) due to the poor bone structure. A common sign of bone loss is curvature or shortened stature in older people, or even hunchback.
Bone mass is the result of a balance between the opposite bone resorption and bone formation. In the body, bone undergoes a constant turnover in which osteoclast cells remove its mineralized matrix whereas osteoblast cells deposit the new bone matrix. In the aging process, bone resorption becomes more dominant over bone formation. For example, estrogen has a function in inhibiting bone resorption and lack of estrogen (e. g., as a result of menopause) thus increases the loss of bone matrix.
In traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), bones are governed by the kidneys, a primary source of essence of life and of the Yin and Yang energy. Thus, a strong kidney function provides ample nutrients that promote a robust formation of bones. Strengthening the kidney function is considered to be a main principle in TCM to support bone health. Chinese herbal formulas that follow the principle achieved satisfactory results in increasing bone mass in clinical studies in China. BoneVigor is our signature formula that follows the principle for promoting bone health.
• Gu Sui Bu (Drynaria) nourishes the kidneys and is well known among Chinese medicines for its property in promoting bone formation.
• Du Zhong (Eucommia) is a popular tonic for both the liver and the kidneys. The Chinese herb is well recognized for strengthening bones and tendons.
• Xu Duan (Dipsacus) is another Chinese herb that tonifies both the liver and the kidneys and strengthens the bones.
• Tu Si Zi (Cuscuta seed) invigorates the kidneys and nourishes the liver and the bone marrow.
• Shu Di Huang (Rehmannia root) nourishes the Yin energy and tonifies the blood.
• Bai Shao (White Paeony root) nourishes the blood and harmonizes the liver.
• Dan Shen (Salvia) promotes blood circulation and removes blood stasis.
Does research support BoneVigor?
Individual herbs from the formula are shown in studies to support both bone formation and reduce bone resorption. 1-7