Save 20% on Cranberrty Rx from Rx Vitamins for Pets. Cranberry Rx provides 250 mg of a North American grown, high-potency, freeze-dried, cranberry concentrate that has been standardized to contain a minimum of 3% oligomeric proanthocyanindin
content (OPC) and a minimum of 6% quinic acid.
Save 20% on Equine 5-Element Chart. laminated Equine 5-Element Meridian and Acupoint Chart Sets include 4 double sided charts.
Save 20% on Relaxing Yoni Steam herbal blend. To aid in the relaxation of the uterine smooth muscle.
|Unit Size||1 fl oz (30ml)|
|Dosage||Adults: Take one drop daily, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner. For oral use only.|
|Properties||Guaranteed to contain no added wheat, yeast, gluten, sodium, artificial coloring or flavoring, dairy or animal products. Ideal for vegans. Safety-sealed for your protection and for product freshness. Do not use if outer seal is missing or broken. Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of reach of children.|
• Unique WisDOM-3 emulsification process
• 3000 mcg RAE/10000 IU per drop
Natural lemon flavour
• Convenient liquid format increases patient compliance
A-Mulsion is a natural lemon-flavored, naturally emulsified Vitamin A. It is emulsified using the unique WisDOM-3 process, allowing for potential maximum absorption and utilization. A-Mulsion is indicated as a factor in the maintenance of good health; helps maintain eye sight, skin membranes and immune function; helps in the development and maintenance of night vision, bones and teeth and helps prevent Vitamin A deficiency (1).*
1. NHPD Monograph Vitamin A. March 2010.
Additional product info:
An investigation was conducted to determine whether vitamin A (retinyl palmitate) supplementation at 25,000, 50,000, or 75,000 IU against a placebo significantly increases circulating retinoic acid (RA) concentrations of all-trans-, 9-cis-, and 13-cis-RA. The results of the study suggests that supplementation with retinyl palmitate is an effective means to increase circulating all-trans, 9-cis-, and 13-cis-RA concentrations among humans (2). The relationship between the concentrations of micronutrients in the plasma and in the target tissues has not been established. To gain information on tissue micronutrient concentration and its relationship to the plasma level, paired skin and plasma samples from 93 patients with actinic keratoses were obtained. These subjects were randomly assigned and received placebo or retinol (25,000 lU/day) intervention for 48 to 65 months as part of an on-going study. The retinol supplementation caused a significant increase in the concentration of retinol and retinyl palmitate in the plasma and skin (target tissue) of subjects with actinic keratoses (3). Another study showed that retinol palmitate at 10,000 IU by mouth for 90 days significantly reduced rectal symptoms of radiation proctopathy, perhaps because of wound-healing effects (4).*
Corneal haze and myopic regression are the main undesirable complications after excimer laser treatment. In the past few years, several authors indicated that keratocytes and epithelial cells are mainly involved in the healing response. In particular, it was suggested that the disappearance of anterior stromal keratocytes in response to excimer laser surgery was an initiating factor, which could lead to epithelial hyperplasia and eventually to haze formation and regression. A randomized, double masked clinical trial has been performed to evaluate the effect of a high dose vitamin A and E supplementation on corneal re-epithelialisation time, visual acuity and haze following photorefractive keratectomy (PRK). In this study, the results showed that vitamins A (25 000 IU retinol palmitate) and E (230 mg alpha-tocopherylnicotinate) for 3 months post PRK significantly decreased re-epithelialisation time, haze formation, and myopic regression occurrence (5).*
2. Sedjo RL, Ranger-Moore J, Foote J, Craft NE, Alberts DS, Xu MJ, Giuliano AR.Circulating endogenous retinoic acid concentrations among participants enrolled in a randomized placebo-controlled clinical trial of retinylpalmitate.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2004 Nov;13(11 Pt 1):1687-92.Abstract; Page 1687, Introduction, 1st& 2nd paragraphs; Page 1691, Conclusion
3. Peng YM, Peng YS, Lin Y, Moon T, Baier M.Micronutrient concentrations in paired skin and plasma of patients with actinic keratoses: effect of prolonged retinol supplementation.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 1993 Mar-Apr;2(2):145-50.Abstract; Page 145, Introduction, 2nd paragraph; Page 150, Conclusion
4. Ehrenpreis ED, Jani A, Levitsky J, Ahn J, Hong J.A prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of retinol palmitate (vitamin A) for symptomatic chronic radiation proctopathy.Dis Colon Rectum. 2005 Jan;48(1):1-8.Abstract
5. Vetrugno M, Maino A, Cardia G, Quaranta GM, Cardia L.A randomised, double masked, clinical trial of high dose vitamin A and vitamin E supplementation after photorefractive keratectomy.Br J Ophthalmol. 2001 May;85(5):537-9.Abstract; Page 537, Introduction, 1st paragraph; Page 538, Discussion, 1st paragraph; Page 538, 1st paragraph; Page 539, Conclusion
Serving Size 1 Drop (0.025 ml)
Servings per Container 1200
Each Drop Contains
Stevia (Stevia rebaudiana) Leaf Std. Extract - 0.01 mg
Other Ingredients: Purified water, xylitol, modified tapioca starch, lemon oil, xanthan gum, natural mixed tocopherols, citric acid, potassium sorbate